Saturday, September 8, 2012

DIY: Dry Erase Boards

I'll be honest, I spend so much money on my classroom and didn't want to spend $1 a dry erase board at the dollar tree for a class set, knowing they would probably last a couple of months. So... I used white card stock that my school already had and laminated them. They work like a charm. You can get white card stock anywhere - Walmart, Staples, Office Depot, and Target for reasonable price. If you want to do other colors it would be fun for a team activity.

If you don't have a lamination machine at your school, purchase a scotch laminator.



Here is the one I have on AMAZON
http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminator-Roller-TL901/dp/B0010JEJPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347142839&sr=8-1&keywords=scotch+laminator

This thing is a life saver! I use it weekly.

Dry erase markers aren't always cheap but you can find them at the Dollar Tree, Target Dollar Section, or on Amazon.

Looking for eraser ideas? I use paper towels each period, but then clean them using a Magic Eraser. These are a god sent if you haven't found out about them yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-Eraser-Cleaning-8-Count/dp/B001339ZMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347142995&sr=8-1&keywords=magic+eraser

Until next time...
Oh Miss Teacher

ohmissteacher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I appreciate your feedback and look forward to following you. Oh Miss Teacher!